Livorno Music Festival 2014
Master Classes e Concerti
25 agosto - 8 settembre
Ultimi posti disponibili per le classi di Pianoforte, Composizione, Viola,
Violoncello, Canto, Fisarmonica, Clarinetto, Musica da Camera e Flauto
Posti esauriti per le classi di Violino e Chitarra
AFFRETTATI A ISCRIVERTI!!!
Enrollments still open
Last places available for Piano, Composition, Viola, Cello, Singing, Accordion,
Clarinet, Chamber Music and Flute
Already sold out places for Violin
GIOVANNI RICCUCCI Clarinet and Clarinet with 5 keys August 25th-31st
MANUELA CUSTER Singing August 25th-31st
Chamber Music (duo, trio, quartet and quintet with and without piano) August 25th-31st
TEODORO ANZELLOTTI Accordion August 25th-31st
PIERRE-HENRI XUEREB Viola and Viola d’amore August 31st-September 5th
SIR PETER MAXWELL DAVIES and CHRISTOPHER AUSTIN Composition workshop
with instrumentalists and the participation of the Quartetto Eco(strings) August 31st-September 6th
FRANCESCO LOI Flute and preparation for orchestra auditions September 1st-7th
VITTORIO CECCANTI Cello September 1st-7th
JEFFREY SWANN Piano September 3rd-7th
- The Livorno Music Festival, sponsored by "Amici della Musica di Livorno" provides courses for interpretation and
instrumental master classes with the purpose of bringing together young musicians from all over the world, allowing them close contact with some of the most important names in the international musical scene. Students and professors meet each other at classes, concerts, and thanks to an agreement with the Festival, they can also share lunches and dinners facilitating ideas, friendships, projects and cultural exchanges; a rare opportunity for young musicians to be inspired
by close contact.
- Festival classes take place in the heart of Livorno in the prestigious halls of the wonderful Villa Gherardesca of the
Istituto Superiore di Studi Musicali “P. Mascagni”. Many concerts, performed by outstanding students of the Festival and their professors, will take place in the most culturally significant city locations.
- From the 25th of August to the 8th of September, 11 Master Classes will be held by internationally renowned performers and professors from the most prestigious Music Institutions, such as the Royal Academy of Music, London; the Conservatoire National Supérieur of Paris; the Hochschule fur Musik in Freibourg and Berne.
Thanks to the Festivals, some students from previous years are now studying in these eminent institutions.
- During the course of the Festival, instrumentalists, chamber music groups and singers will have the chance to be
selected to perform at these concerts and at future Festivals. The best instrumentalist or singer or chamber music group will be included in the 2015 programme of concerts at the Scuola di Musica di Fiesole, the most important Italian Music Institution.
- Composers will have the chance to write a piece for the Quartetto Eco (strings) in residence at the composition class, and have it performed at the Festival’s final concert. The best composition will also be performed at the Scuola di Musica di Fiesole in 2015 and the selected composer will have direct access to the School’s own Competition Veretti and the chance to have a world première for Contempoartensemble (www.contempoartensemble.com).
- Scholarships will be offered for a total value of Euro 2.500.
Registration is easy, just fill out the application online at the web and submit all documentation by email in
For further information on the Festival, please read the general regulations on the internet site at www.livornomusicfestival.com
Please feel free to contact us for any question writing us an email at email@example.com